If you look at it from the perspective of literary meaning, "stainless steel" is indeed easy to misunderstand. However, "stainless steel" itself is very wrong, so it is accurately translated from English-stainless steel.
Stainless Steel is the abbreviation for stainless and acid-resistant steel.
Please note that this is "resistant", not absolutely free from rust and
corrosion. There are many stainless steel models and are widely used in many
fields. According to the different application areas, the stainless steel
materials used are different, but each type of stainless steel needs maintenance
to extend the service life.
The reason why stainless steel is corrosion-resistant is that its composition contains chromium (Cr), and when the chromium content exceeds 11%, it can effectively prevent rust and corrosion. Chromium forms an oxide film on the surface of stainless steel to prevent the continued corrosion of oxygen or other substances. To make an inappropriate analogy, this oxide film is like apple peel.
Generally speaking, this oxide film has a self-healing function, that is, after being destroyed, the chromium element in the stainless steel continues to form an oxide film on the surface to protect it. However, if the corrosive medium (acid mist, sea water, dirt, etc.) is persistent and strong, the stainless steel will begin to rust until it cannot be used.
Stainless steel cleaning and maintenance
1. There is dust and dirt on the surface of stainless steel, which can be cleaned with soap and warm water;
2. The grease on the surface of stainless steel can be wiped clean with a soft cloth first, and then cleaned with a neutral detergent;
3. Rainbow lines appear on the surface of stainless steel, which is caused by excessive detergent or grease. It can be cleaned with warm water and neutral detergent;
4. Do not contact salt, oil, acid, soda, bleaching powder, etc. for a long time;
5. Can not be cleaned with steel wire ball;
6. Once the surface of stainless steel rusts, it should be cleaned with 10% nitric acid solution or abrasive cleaning agent, or it can be cleaned with special detergent.
As long as they are properly maintained, stainless steel products are silvery, shiny and durable, showing exquisiteness and elegance!